Web Developer (Shanghai)
A Premier Online Clothier, Canada , Job location: Shanghai, China
Our client is a premier online clothier, making it easy for anyone to explore fashion, regardless of size, budget or location. Taking high fashion and making it matter to the general public, stylish clothing in the finest fabrics are provided at the best price, with the fastest delivery time.
As a key member of the company’s fast growing product team, you will be responsible for hard coding, and expanding the back and front end functionality of the website. You will work primarily with operations team members to develop more efficient back end production systems and operations related user interfaces. Over time this position will develop into an expansive and intensive portfolio of projects across multiple functions of the company.
As the company keeps expanding its business operations in China, all qualified persons are welcomed to apply. Current career opportunities are available in Shanghai, China. The company is willing to offer a competitive salary and benefits to candidates with the best fit.
• Help build the next generation of systems & front-end driving the client’s ecommerce, analytics & marketing.
• Delve into the business of ecommerce & work closely with Marketing, Sales & Operations teams to quickly assess & build tools that meet their needs.
• Play a key role in technology innovation, working on diverse projects from augmented reality to iPad applications.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent.
• Strong working ability in PHP.
• Strong project management & communication skills.
• Strong working knowledge of CouchDB & building scalable databases preferred
• Familiarity with SEO, landing page optimization, A/B Testing, & web analytics.
• Rapid learner who excels in a fast-paced environment.
• Embraces & enjoys a start up environment with a 24/7 mentality.
• A deep belief in learning through doing.
• Dedicated to constant refinement & improvement of your work.
• Experience with Python an asset, but not necessary.
• North American candidate preferred, but not required
• Able to travel internationally.