ScrumMasterGamma Entertainment, Canada , Montreal, Quebec
Company Description :
Gamma Entertainment is a company specialized in multimedia and e-commerce. We operate within 2 main activities: contextual advertising and entertainment products on the Internet. Gamma is a young and dynamic company with 150 employees, with plans for further expansion. Gamma offers a dynamic work environment, competitive salaries, RRSP possibilities, a complete collective insurance package, flexible schedule, paid training, free parking, active social club and much more!
The Scrum Masters help the Scrum team deliver a various Web project while respecting the process, deadline, and budget planned. He or she acts as facilitator for the team and Product Owner. He's a fully-involved team member who is mainly valorized by the team's success. He or she has excellent staff management and interpersonal communication skills. The Scrum Master has the ability to help others and to lead meetings.
In addition to being a facilitator, he is the guardian of the team. He protects the team against external distractions or influences. He helps the team stay focus on the iteration's objectives.
• Remove impediments preventing the team from achieving the iteration's objectives
• Facilitate team meetings
• Support the team during the iteration
• Measure the team's velocity
• Coach the team in estimating items and breaking them down into tasks
• Coach the Product Owner in maintaining and ordering the product backlog
• Help the Product Owner carry out the delivery plan
• 3+ years in project management in the software development area including years in web development (in LAMP or other enterprise development environments) or other complex systems
• Good knowledge of web / application development in an environment with multiple levels / teams and platforms.
• Leadership, initiative and decision making, risk taking and ability to work under pressure
• Knowledge of Scrum development methodology (Scrum/XP).
• Knowledge of project management best practices (PMBOK).
• Ideally bilingual (French/English)
• Certification as SCRUM Master
• Certification in PMI
• Managed or worked as member of Project Management Office (PMO).